Isn't life just fucking awesome sometimes? There will literally be moments throughout the day when I'll sit back in amazement at how damn beautiful it can all be. It doesn't have to be anything big or outrageous to make me feel this way. In fact, most of the time it's the little things. So in celebration of the small stuff, here are six things that currently make me smile:
1. My big, cozy, white bed. I'm actually in it right now. I have a thing for white sheets, it keeps me sane and drives me crazy all at the same time. I always opt for bed over the couch or our desk, uhhhh is that normal? I write routines, watch my favorite YouTuber's (we'll get into that later), and make playlists... all from my big white bed. I'm not proud of it, it's just the truth.
2. (VEGAN) CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES! I miiiiigghht even eat a few of these in bed. They have about five ingredients, are totally plant-based, and are some of my favorite cookies ever! Don't worry, recipe coming soon.
3. My mom has a small lavender farm in the hills of Western Oregon where she lovingly hand-crafts a variety of lavender products. The Refreschen Mist from Lord & Lady Lavender is so perfect for setting your make-up or for cooling down after a workout, and the lip balm is amazing at keeping your lips, cuticles, and just about everything else hydrated through these dry winter months. There are no nasty chemicals in any of their products and they smell freaking amazing. Also, I don't just love these products because my mom makes them, I love them because they are the bomb.com. DUH!
4. I swear to God I used to think of myself as having thick hair. I'm not sure where it all took a turn for the worse, but let's just say I'm not too pleased with my current hair status. It's kind of curly and kind of straight, it's frizzy, and just generally difficult to manage. So when I discover another way to wear it up that isn't a ponytail, I'm pretty pleased with myself (insert smirking emoji).
5. Although I don't have great hair, admittedly, I don't have great hair habits. The one product that keeps it somewhat decent looking is this Drybar Triple Sec spray. Not only will it leave your hair smelling better than ever (even after a sweaty workout), but it adds this badass, matte texture that I am so in to.
6. That time my husband wasn't sure if cucumbers went on pizza. Like are you fucking kidding me? I live for things like this. CUCUMBERS? ON PIZZA? DEAD. Sincere, ridiculous questions like this are one of the many things that make him my favorite person ever.
G2G, grabbing my cookies and jumping back in bed.